QUILTS & FABRIC: PAST & PRESENT


Thursday, October 23, 2014

Houston Quilt Market 2014

My virtual Quilt Market booth for October, 2014

Quilt shop buyers and other quilt world professionals are in Houston this week for the annual Quilt Market in which designers show off their new stuff for spring.

To market, to market....

Moda will be revealing my newest reproduction prints---Union Blues--- scheduled to be shipped to shops in March, 2015.


I'm not going to Houston but I like to plan a virtual booth and invite you all to come by on the internet.

I've invited this Civil-War-era seamstress who works for a sewing machine company to welcome visitors. Her usual job is to demonstrate a machine from about 1865, but I've asked her to show how to chain-piece triangles, a skill that will be useful in making the Union Blues kit quilt.

No! She will not tell you how many
triangles you will need to piece to make this
spectacular quilt. This
project is one where you focus on the
pleasure of the process.


We're giving you a nice range of 19th-century blues
in this new collection.



Click here to see more about Union Blues:

 More tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment